The main objective of the Project is to promote early stage development, strategy planning, capacity building, networking and awareness of geothermal utilisation, to increase possibility of utilisation of geothermal resources, energy security, savings and quality of life in Poland.
Another important objective is to increase awareness of geothermal options and opportunities in Poland by gathering stakeholders into a dialog and increase the willingness of investors to start
a geothermal energy pilot project. Possibilities of geothermal projects are numerous and welcome in the scope of climate change along with an increasing dependency on energy imports. Poddębice town is selected as a study case with good prospects for futher geothermal district heating and other uses.
August 2016 – June 2017
Project Parties and Representation
The Partnership Agreement is concluded between:
- Mineral and Energy Economy Research Institute, Polish Academy of Sciences, (MEERI PAS), Poland
- AGH University of Science and Technology, Poland
- National Energy Authority (OS), Iceland
- Poddębice Town
- Geotermia Poddębice Sp. z o.o.
Main Project Activities
- Study visit to Poland to assess geothermal potential for district heating in Poland and Town Poddębice
- Study visit to Iceland to learn best practice examples of geothermal district heating
- Study visits' Report:
- Pre-feasibility study assessment of geothermal potential for district heating in Poland
- Pre-feasibility study assessment of geothermal potential for district heating in Town Poddębice
- Summary conference
- Project management